Thursday, June 22, 2006

WHAT´s SO WRONG WITH THE CASSETTE-PLAYERS?



During my lifetime I´ve seen them come and go. I think there is more than 600 cassettes in my collection, once carefully collected, most of them own recordings from different sources. Nowdays, the new machines, mostly have the cassette player, but the line in/line out function is rare, and the cheap built-in microphones…., you don´t find any.

All this was still common in the 1980:ies. The cheap microphonefunction was useful for me in everyday life and I don´t know how many times I did copies between different machines, with the fully normal line in/line out function. It was almost standard on tape recorders since the beginning. New techniques, new fashions…. It´s about money too, absolutely.

In ancient times humanity liked to use things that worked well in daily life, it was often wisdom from the generation before….

No comments: