Monday, February 06, 2006

ALBUM CHEQUE

No water skiing these days, snow is all over and more is coming. Let´s not sit outside, let´s go inside and take on silky rubbergloves and do some research in the front of the record galleria.

First of all, in my hands I have the relatively new CD-album, "KISS & TELL", by the group SAHARA HOTNIGHTS, basically from the northern part of this country. No doubt, it´s been my favourite for months. As a matter of fact I´m often a little bit bored listening whole albums, not this time. They play so well here in their idiom, if it´s pop, rock or punk, is not important to analyze from minute to another.

I like everything, the energy in vocals, riffs, drums, composition, arrangements... The CD is well balanced all over, but with variations in the mentioned. Sahara Hotnights is probably the most important swedish female group on the domestic rockscene ever. When I saw Chrissie Hynde on TV in the eighties, I felt the same ; "that´s something".

What´s more in the box? Some old fashioned Englishmen, TEN YEARS AFTER. The long-playing record from 1968; "UNDEAD", also has energy with musical skills. Recorded at Klooks Kleek, Railway Hotel, West Hampstead, London. Why? Why no "best before"? At the time old time jazz influences were not the highest fashion.

Anyway, the hardcore swing fits here like hands in gloves. Mickey Mouse´s gloves? No,no, even if the influences flew partly from the U.S.A (the famous british bluesboom turnaround) the recipe in the finish appeared homemade in the front of domestic audiences,..... straight down the line, loud and tough, but honest - without studiocondoms.

I may be wrong but I won´t be wrong always.

No comments: