Monday, July 16, 2007

Sketch of...(5)


Boom Boom (John Lee Hooker 1962)

This piece have, to be one of his tunes, relatively much movement in the bass. Often John Lee Hooker on his early recordings went back to an more primitive bluestradition. Almost directly talkin to the listener, while foot tappin on the floor and it could be planted on using only one chord or bassriff (vamp)
When I saw my sketch completed, it visually, without the real close-up, reminded me of, the many times typical structure in a piece of the great Domenico Scarlatti (1685-1757). Two voices move around, it´s often enough..., for anything.

From John Lee´s lyrics;

Boom, boom,boom, --
gonna shot you right down,--
Take you in my arms, --
I´m in love with you, --

I like the way walk, --
I like the way you talk, --
When you walk that walk, --
And you talk that talk, --
You knock me out, --

Right off my feet

No comments: